Quilt applications are starting to arrive, and online registration makes it extra-easy.. especially for me! For your convenience, we have added extra shops as drop-off points, so get them quilted, get the binding on, whatever, we want to see YOUR quilts. Many local guilds had quilt shows this year so we know you have quilts you can enter. Fill out some forms and show them to the world! Deadline is June 15th, so don’t delay!
Pioneer Spirit Challenge
This was a huge success- I know, I have seen some photos of entries, and can’t wait to see them live. The first five entries are in (sorry Jane, yours does not count!), and each has won a fat quarter bundle or equivalent from one of our vendors at the show. The winners are:
- Cathy Fortune.. ByTowne Threads
- Peggy Pirillo.. Hyggeligt
- Robert Gutcher.. Wool Gathering
- Susan Gaston.. Sew Little Time
- Wendy Angelos.. Country Clothesline
Next Year’s Challenge
We do like to mix it up, and for 2016 (already in the planning stages!!) our challenge is called Blue By You. Once you have seen the fabric, you will understand why. Northcott has kindly provided the fabric, and packages of fat quarters will be available for sale (first come, first served) at the front desk during the show- NOT during set up!. Each kit contains 5 fat quarters, and will sell for $20.00. Cash only please. Sneak peak at the fabrics here, contest rules to follow.
Below are the trunk shows being held this year: this should help you schedule your day at Black Creek! More details will be available on Trunk Show page within the next few days.
- Karen Howes: English Paper Piecing and More
- Rosalie Tennison: Quilt History
- Norah McGuire MacLeod: My Quilting Journey
- Robert Gutcher: Embroidery Embellishment
- Sherri Hisey: Mystery Quilt Walk and Talk